ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES
How to arrive by public transport?
From Madrid to Garray
#1/ A bus fom Madrid to Garray
Seems like the easiest way to get there.
You can consult the different options on this website (available in english)
The price is around €30 and the journey takes 3 hours.
They also depart from Barajas airport.
Here is the Madrid's bus station:
From Madrid to Soria. From Soria to Garray.
It's actually easier to go to Soria, a biggest city near to Garray (actually a small village).
You can take a train to Soria.
The train from Madrid to Soria usually takes approximately 3 hours 4 minutes to cover a distance of 181 km. On this popular route, you can find 2 trains a day with different schedules and fast journeys.
Madrid's Chamartin train staion:
Then, take a bus from Soria to Garray.
The price is around €2 and the journey takes 10 minutes.
Camping Area in the Airfield
During the contest a camping area will be available in the airfield.
The price of this service is: -check with the wwgc organization-
You are able to book your tent-place contacting us or through your federation and national team.
The camping area will be provided with the basic utilities to live: water and light and shadow.
IMPORTANT: Don't forget this is Spain, and in Summer the weather is very hot. The temperatures will rise till 40ºC during day and less than 20ºC at night time.
The organization will provide common zones with fresh air for the teams and visitors during day.
But you should take care of this and be ready if you want to enjoy the contest: Remember to bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses... and you will find cold drinks in our conditioned-air bar!
*The following map may change as the contest date approaches.
- A C-130 Hercules airplanes | Aviones Hércules C-130
- B Hangar A - Academy Gliders | Hangar A - Veleros de escuela
- C Hangar C | Hangar C
- D Hangar D | Hangar D
- E Podium and main stage | Podium y escenario principal
- F Bar and staff offices | Bar y oficinas de organización
- G Food area and Self Service | Comida y autoservicio
- H Canteen, terrace and good views | Cantina, terraza y buenas vistas
- I Main Grid | Parrilla de salida
- J Camping Area | Área de camping
- Blue Zone: flight area, acces not permited | Zona de vuelo, prohibido el paso
- Green Zone: Land zone, available to walk | Zona de tierra, permitdo el paso
- Red zone: Acces not permited | Zona prohibida al paso
DISCOVER SORIA. A WONDERFUL NATURAL PARADISE YOU WILL ENJOY
Interesant and useful places and contacts
Mobile Signal and SIM card
We offer the possibility to foreign people and visitors abroad the EU who need a mobile SIM card is managed through us.
National Police of Soria:
+34 975 23 93 23
(C. Nicolás Rabal, 9, 42003 Soria)
Guardia Civil Soria (road police):
+34 975 22 03 50
(C. Eduardo Saavedra, 6, 42004 Soria)
· Visitors have the chance to go shoping at Soria's downtown. Only 15 minutes by car from the contest.
· The Mall Camaretas in Soria is also open and available to visit and has several and different shops.
Visit here https://centrocomercialcamaretas.com/
· You can also go to Garray-town, 20 minutes walking from the airfield. Where you will find some basic-stores and supply-shops.
What To Do In Soria
A unique environment At 7 km of Soria city, Garray offers the visitor a varied set of touristic, gastronomic and landscaping possibilities.
Do you like trekkinn or outside natural activities?
Like you! Cause you are in the perfect paradise for fresh-air to do sports or to walk about.
Chek this list of amazing places to visit we have made for you in Soria and around.
We must mention the ruins of the pre-roman city of Numancia, the dinosaurs footprint route, the Garray roman Hermitage national monument and a perfect environment for excursions and hiking.
More links of interest you would like:
Download the Soria tourism app